> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Social Security Disability > Should my son, who has been taking care of me and my wife, file us on his taxes?

Should my son, who has been taking care of me and my wife, file us on his taxes?

1 Answers. Asked on Apr 15th, 2012 on Social Security Disability - Georgia
More details to this question:
I am disabled, my son has been helping take care of me and my wife because there is not near enough money to keep us from being completely on the streets & homeless. Between Social Security Supplemental and Disability, I get a little over $700.00/month. I would like to know if my son should file us on his taxes.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Apr 15th, 2012 at 9:31 AM

Tax law is very complex.  I recommend you speak to a tax professional about your question because a tax professional is the one that needs to answer this question.  I am not a tax professional.

Although you are disabled and your wife is disabled, this question concerns taxation, yet appears on the social security disability questions site of  You could copy and paste your question, and re-post it in the "Taxation" area of this website.  Because the deadline is Tuesday this year (April 17, 2012), it doesn't leave you much time.  But your question may help others on this site.

PLEASE NOTE that an in person consultation is always best when you have a legal problem. DO NOT RELY on information for a legal remedy without having contacted a lawyer (or in this case a tax professional). Facts and circumstances of every case have to be applied to the law that is relevant for the state or location in question.

NEVER rest on a right or defense you may have. Legal rights are not like wine - they don't improve with age or time. Time limits can completely prohibit recovery. SEEK LEGAL ADVICE IMMEDIATELY.

Be sure to visit my website for answers to other Social Security Disability questions.


No attorney-client relationship has been established because of the information provided. Seek local counsel to address your particular facts. MJHJ

Report Abuse
Social Security Disability
If you're suffering from a disability that prevents you from working, you may be entitled to benefits under Social Security disability insurance (SSD or SSDI). Social Security disability attorneys can work with you to file your application for benefits. Because the Social Security Administration routinely denies the majority of initial claims, your SSD lawyers can also prepare for your hearing before an administrative law judge, attend all hearings, advocate on your behalf and file an appeal if your application has been denied. Hire an SSDI law firm as soon as you need to apply for SSDI. The faster your application is approved, the more quickly you will begin to receive benefits.
Have an Social Security Disability Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

330 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

222 Answers, 42 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

179 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

98 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

98 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

85 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Stephen A. Black

Attorney - Florida

65 Answers, 11 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums