> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Social Security > Need a attorny to change my social security number

Need a attorny to change my social security number

1 Answers. Asked on Apr 21st, 2013 on Social Security - Michigan
More details to this question:
My social security number got use. On my credit report shows a different midle name use agaist my credit and my full real name with places I never live. I was homeless and never got copies of it till now. I did try to make a poilce report but didn't follow though because it got clear up with the company I dispute it. I just legal change my name but I want to know if I can still change my social security number still. If I have poof. Can I get a lawyer to help me? I havent change my name on my credit report yet. Please let me know. Sharon
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on May 01st, 2013 at 11:14 PM

They don't issue new SS numbers unless there is a compelling need.  I don't think they will do it for you.  Go to a local SS office and ask them.  See what they say.

Report Abuse
Social Security
Social Security is a federal government program, primarily funded through payroll taxes, that provides an array of benefits to retired workers, the survivors of workers, the disabled and low-income families. Social Security attorneys typically work with one of two groups of clients. Many Social Security lawyers focus their practices on working with those whose applications for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSD or SSDI) have been denied. These attorneys assist clients at eligibility hearings and throughout the appeals process. Other Social Security law firms represent those who have been accused of Social Security fraud and those who are victims of Social Security fraud.
Have an Social Security Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

328 Answers, 20 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

223 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

183 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

107 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

74 Answers, 27 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

69 Answers, 33 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

65 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums