> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Social Security Disability > My SSI worker is cutting my son off, because she cant found my pay stubs I gave her. Is there anything I can do

My SSI worker is cutting my son off, because she cant found my pay stubs I gave her. Is there anything I can do

1 Answers. Asked on May 23rd, 2013 on Social Security Disability - Pennsylvania
More details to this question:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on May 25th, 2013 at 8:04 PM

Resubmit the pay-stubs or have your employer provide you with a print-out that provides the information contained in a pay-stub and submit that.  

Always assume that whatever you give to the Social Security Administration (SSA) may get lost.  Take the time and make the small investment cost to copy everything before you give it to SSA.  It is just good practice to  

Currently there are serious reductions in staff and hours at SSA which can increase the likelihood of error.  These are human mistakes, not intentional ones.  

Have a backup plan.  Copy everything you submit.  Keep everything SSA sends you.

Finally, your son has appeal rights if "cut off" and should exercise them immediately should that happen.  He may be able to get his benefits continued if the appeal is filed within 10 days and he agrees to pay back any benefits if the final determination is against him.

No attorney-client relationship has been established because of the information provided. Seek local counsel to address your particular facts. MJHJ

Report Abuse
Social Security Disability
If you're suffering from a disability that prevents you from working, you may be entitled to benefits under Social Security disability insurance (SSD or SSDI). Social Security disability attorneys can work with you to file your application for benefits. Because the Social Security Administration routinely denies the majority of initial claims, your SSD lawyers can also prepare for your hearing before an administrative law judge, attend all hearings, advocate on your behalf and file an appeal if your application has been denied. Hire an SSDI law firm as soon as you need to apply for SSDI. The faster your application is approved, the more quickly you will begin to receive benefits.
Have an Social Security Disability Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

330 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

222 Answers, 42 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

180 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

98 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

98 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

84 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Stephen A. Black

Attorney - Florida

65 Answers, 11 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums