> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Social Security Disability > Is it possible to collect SSD, when you have been diagnosed with a disability rating of 75%, through the Department of Veteran Affairs

Is it possible to collect SSD, when you have been diagnosed with a disability rating of 75%, through the Department of Veteran Affairs

1 Answers. Asked on Jul 01st, 2012 on Social Security Disability - Florida
More details to this question:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Jul 02nd, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Yes, if the benefits you receive are “service-connected” you may be eligible for benefits from Social Security. 

 PLEASE NOTE the following:


An attorney-client relationship is not being established because of the information provided above;

  • an in person consultation is always best when you have a legal problem;
  • DO NOT RELY on information for a legal remedy without having contacted a lawyer;
  • facts and circumstances of every case have to be applied to the law that is relevant for the state or location in question;
  • NEVER rest on a right or defense you may have - legal rights are not like wine - they don't improve with age or time
  • time limits can completely prohibit recovery;
  • TO SEEK LEGAL ADVICE IMMEDIATELY go to to find someone in your state.

Be sure to visit my website for answers to other Social Security Disability questions.



No attorney-client relationship has been established because of the information provided. Seek local counsel to address your particular facts. MJHJ

Report Abuse
Social Security Disability
If you're suffering from a disability that prevents you from working, you may be entitled to benefits under Social Security disability insurance (SSD or SSDI). Social Security disability attorneys can work with you to file your application for benefits. Because the Social Security Administration routinely denies the majority of initial claims, your SSD lawyers can also prepare for your hearing before an administrative law judge, attend all hearings, advocate on your behalf and file an appeal if your application has been denied. Hire an SSDI law firm as soon as you need to apply for SSDI. The faster your application is approved, the more quickly you will begin to receive benefits.
Have an Social Security Disability Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

330 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

222 Answers, 42 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

179 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

98 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

98 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

85 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Stephen A. Black

Attorney - Florida

65 Answers, 11 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums