> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Social Security Disability > Is it legal for government housing to charge me rent if my only income is my 4 year old autistic son's disability check?

Is it legal for government housing to charge me rent if my only income is my 4 year old autistic son's disability check?

1 Answers. Asked on Apr 26th, 2013 on Social Security Disability - Illinois
More details to this question:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on May 01st, 2013 at 4:53 PM

First, the money is your son's ... it is not your "income."  If the funds are used to benefit him, that is to provide him housing, I don't think this is a problem.  I do not believe that it is illegal if the rent is greater than his benefit check.

Because you live in Illinois, you will want to speak to a local attorney.  Click the picture of the house above (next  to "Find a Lawyer") to find an attorney that can help.  Your type of law is "Residential Real Estate.

No attorney-client relationship has been established because of the information provided. Seek local counsel to address your particular facts. MJHJ

Report Abuse
Social Security Disability
If you're suffering from a disability that prevents you from working, you may be entitled to benefits under Social Security disability insurance (SSD or SSDI). Social Security disability attorneys can work with you to file your application for benefits. Because the Social Security Administration routinely denies the majority of initial claims, your SSD lawyers can also prepare for your hearing before an administrative law judge, attend all hearings, advocate on your behalf and file an appeal if your application has been denied. Hire an SSDI law firm as soon as you need to apply for SSDI. The faster your application is approved, the more quickly you will begin to receive benefits.
Have an Social Security Disability Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

330 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

222 Answers, 42 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

179 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

98 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

98 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

85 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Stephen A. Black

Attorney - Florida

65 Answers, 11 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums