> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Social Security Disability > I''m on unemployment, I have severe hip arthritus in both (need replacement) I have a walking/sitting problems should I file for disability?

I''m on unemployment, I have severe hip arthritus in both (need replacement) I have a walking/sitting problems should I file for disability?

1 Answers. Asked on Aug 18th, 2011 on Social Security Disability - New Jersey
More details to this question:
Had pain problems for years and got laid off but then got severe hip pain - had xrays done and both hips are extremely bad. Always had lower back pain too and I have moderate arthritis there too. Dr said both hips need to be replaced - I am going to get second opnion - should I file for disability? I hear it is very hard to get approved - wondering if I have a good case and if so I will contact a lawyer. I am not sure what to do?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Aug 19th, 2011 at 9:46 AM

Contact a lawyer, not because what you have stated is a good case, but it could be.  There are other facts and pieces of information an attorney in your local area will want to discuss with you that are relevant.

If you are receiving unemployment benefits, you can still file for disability benefits.  Your lawyer will counsel you on the important steps to take while receiving those benefits.

Disability must last 12 months or more.  Your hip replacements may take more than 12 months to recover, so that may be a good case.  Note, however, that if the replacements eliminate the problems you were having, and you are able to return to work, you must report that to SSA, and some very specific rules kick in.

Good luck!

No attorney-client relationship has been established because of the information provided. Seek local counsel to address your particular facts. MJHJ

Report Abuse
Social Security Disability
If you're suffering from a disability that prevents you from working, you may be entitled to benefits under Social Security disability insurance (SSD or SSDI). Social Security disability attorneys can work with you to file your application for benefits. Because the Social Security Administration routinely denies the majority of initial claims, your SSD lawyers can also prepare for your hearing before an administrative law judge, attend all hearings, advocate on your behalf and file an appeal if your application has been denied. Hire an SSDI law firm as soon as you need to apply for SSDI. The faster your application is approved, the more quickly you will begin to receive benefits.
Have an Social Security Disability Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

330 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

222 Answers, 42 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

179 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

98 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

98 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

85 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Stephen A. Black

Attorney - Florida

65 Answers, 11 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums