> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Social Security Disability > I live with this women name Joan serrano she took 3 months of my ssdi as my legal representative but she didnt give me no money what can i do?

I live with this women name Joan serrano she took 3 months of my ssdi as my legal representative but she didnt give me no money what can i do?

1 Answers. Asked on Mar 21st, 2012 on Social Security Disability - Colorado
More details to this question:
she use all my money for her needs while i was starving and no clothes and she was neglected my needs is there anything that can be done? social security is investigating her but can''t get in contact with her can you help?
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Apr 07th, 2012 at 1:03 PM

If you have not already done so, get a new Payee and move.

Representative Payees have an important job for someone that receives benefits from the Social Security Administration (SSA). According to the SSA website:

Social Security's Representative Payment Program provides financial management for the Social Security and SSI payments of our beneficiaries who are incapable of managing their Social Security or SSI payments.

Generally, we look for family or friends to serve in this capacity.

When friends and family are not able to serve as payee, Social Security looks for qualified organizations to be a representative payee.

The facts as you describe them do not sound like proper "financial management." It is my hope that you now have a Payee that understands what the fiduciary duty of a Payee is:

Using benefits to pay for the current and foreseeable needs of the beneficiaries; appropriately saving any remaining benefits; and keeping good records of how you spend the benefits.

Let the investigative branch of the SSA do their job, and they will get your money back. It will not be near fast enough for you, but they are very good, and will get the job done.

No attorney-client relationship has been established because of the information provided. Seek local counsel to address your particular facts. MJHJ

Report Abuse
Social Security Disability
If you're suffering from a disability that prevents you from working, you may be entitled to benefits under Social Security disability insurance (SSD or SSDI). Social Security disability attorneys can work with you to file your application for benefits. Because the Social Security Administration routinely denies the majority of initial claims, your SSD lawyers can also prepare for your hearing before an administrative law judge, attend all hearings, advocate on your behalf and file an appeal if your application has been denied. Hire an SSDI law firm as soon as you need to apply for SSDI. The faster your application is approved, the more quickly you will begin to receive benefits.
Have an Social Security Disability Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

330 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

222 Answers, 42 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

179 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

98 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

98 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

85 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Stephen A. Black

Attorney - Florida

65 Answers, 11 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums