> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Social Security Disability > i am desabled , why has SS denied me desability funds? applyed for SSi and was excepted I am separated due to being abused for 28 years why was denied

i am desabled , why has SS denied me desability funds? applyed for SSi and was excepted I am separated due to being abused for 28 years why was denied

2 Answers. Asked on May 29th, 2012 on Social Security Disability - New Jersey
More details to this question:
ssdi? and excepted ssi ? of 725$ a month not nearly enough to pay my rent what do I do for more financial help?
Answers Showing 2 out of 2
Answered on Jun 13th, 2012 at 8:14 PM

As to your question about "more financial help" the answer is not likely with the Social Security Administration.  I would suggest reviewing this website:

SSI is Supplemental Security Income.  It is a "needs based" program and assets and Social Security Disability Benefits directly impact whether or not you will receive SSI.

If I understand your question correctly, you are receiving $725/month in disability payments from the Social Security Administration (SSA).  If so, this amount is greater than the amount that a person receiving SSI can receive, and thus, you are not eligible for SSI.  The maximum amount in 2012 is $698/month for an individual.

To find an attorney in your area that handles Social Security Disability law, go to and click the State in which you live. 

PLEASE NOTE that an in person consultation is always best when you have a legal problem. DO NOT RELY on information for a legal remedy without having contacted a lawyer. Facts and circumstances of every case have to be applied to the law that is relevant for the state or location in question.

NEVER rest on a right or defense you may have. Legal rights are not like wine - they don't improve with age or time. Time limits can completely prohibit recovery. SEEK LEGAL ADVICE IMMEDIATELY.

Be sure to visit my website for answers to other Social Security Disability questions. 

No attorney-client relationship has been established because of the information provided. Seek local counsel to address your particular facts. MJHJ

Report Abuse
Answered on May 29th, 2012 at 7:41 PM

I'm not really sure of your question based on the information supplied.  If you are disable, you are entitled to Social Security Disability.  You could also be eligible for Supplemental Security Income or SSI if your income is very low.  You may also be eligible for housing assistance, or depending on where you are living, entitled to an increase in benefits.  SSI may be taking into account your living situation - are you renting or sharing a place with another person?  You need to speak to the Board of Social Services in the County in which you live. 

Report Abuse
Social Security Disability
If you're suffering from a disability that prevents you from working, you may be entitled to benefits under Social Security disability insurance (SSD or SSDI). Social Security disability attorneys can work with you to file your application for benefits. Because the Social Security Administration routinely denies the majority of initial claims, your SSD lawyers can also prepare for your hearing before an administrative law judge, attend all hearings, advocate on your behalf and file an appeal if your application has been denied. Hire an SSDI law firm as soon as you need to apply for SSDI. The faster your application is approved, the more quickly you will begin to receive benefits.
Have an Social Security Disability Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

330 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

222 Answers, 42 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

180 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

98 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

98 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

85 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Stephen A. Black

Attorney - Florida

65 Answers, 11 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums