> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Social Security Disability > Can I get SSDI if I have side effects from chemotherapy, i.e. neuropathy in my hands and feet, and pain in my chest and arm from a double mastectomy.

Can I get SSDI if I have side effects from chemotherapy, i.e. neuropathy in my hands and feet, and pain in my chest and arm from a double mastectomy.

1 Answers. Asked on May 07th, 2013 on Social Security Disability - Pennsylvania
More details to this question:
I have really bad neuropathy in my feet and hands. I currently take Neurontin at a high dosage, but still have alot of pain and tingling. I also have pain from a double mastectomy from 5 years ago and have pain from Lymphedema in my left arm. I am unable to do the same job I had when I was diagnosed, unable to type, or stand for long periods of time. I have had 3 full-time jobs since them and had to quit due to the pain. The pain was causing me to make mistakes, and I had trouble concentrating. I also have sleep apnea and wear a CPAP, have clinical depression, but haven't seen a psychiatrist or psychologist for 5 years, and anxiety.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on May 08th, 2013 at 12:19 PM
If the medical records support the conditions as you describe,apply for disability with the Social Security Administration.  SSDI (Social Security Disability Insurance) benefits are available if you have 20 quarters of coverage out of the previous 40 quarters before you became disabled.
Submit copies of what records you already have and give a complete list to SSA and they will obtain them for you.
You can apply in person, by phone, or online.  If you are denied, seek competent counsel by going to this link and finding someone near you.  Hire counsel now if you feel uncomfortable proceeding alone or due to your health are not up to the task.
I am sorry for the many health challenges you face.

No attorney-client relationship has been established because of the information provided. Seek local counsel to address your particular facts. MJHJ

Report Abuse
Social Security Disability
If you're suffering from a disability that prevents you from working, you may be entitled to benefits under Social Security disability insurance (SSD or SSDI). Social Security disability attorneys can work with you to file your application for benefits. Because the Social Security Administration routinely denies the majority of initial claims, your SSD lawyers can also prepare for your hearing before an administrative law judge, attend all hearings, advocate on your behalf and file an appeal if your application has been denied. Hire an SSDI law firm as soon as you need to apply for SSDI. The faster your application is approved, the more quickly you will begin to receive benefits.
Have an Social Security Disability Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

331 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

243 Answers, 46 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

173 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

99 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

90 Answers, 17 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

89 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

68 Answers, 25 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums