> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Social Security Disability > can I get short term or long term disability for Hep C ?

can I get short term or long term disability for Hep C ?

1 Answers. Asked on Mar 28th, 2012 on Social Security Disability - Indiana
More details to this question:
I have Hep C geno type 1 cronic liver scarring I''m taking Meds for it I can only walk about a half a block before my leg goes numb and i have to rest,my Doctor says it is from the Hep C he says that I should see about Disability,I work at a place where it get''s very hot in the summer temps reachas much as 110 degress he said I would have trouble working in them condisions and working as a machine operator,my work doesn''t pay any kind of disability or comp. I tried to see if they would lay me off for a while but they said it would cost them to much so the only other option is early retriement at age 60 in April I''ve been missing work some days I feel good but most days I feel bad about two days of work a week,I got the Hep C from a blood transfusion in 1975 at a Hospital,I hope you can Help me.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Apr 07th, 2012 at 12:44 PM

If you're doctor is encouraging you to seek disability, apply.  If you are eligible for "retirement" at 60, I can only assume that is from your company or Union as the minimum age for SSA is 62.  If my assumption is correct, and you are successful with a disability application to SSA, your "retirement" could be a disability retirement from the company or Union and hopefully there would be no discount for having to take it early.

It is a good idea to have an experienced attorney to help you with your application, although it is not required.  If you click it will take you to a page of Indiana Social Security law firms.  Review this excellent article about choosing a lawyer

Remember, you can apply on your own in person, by phone, or online.  If you are denied, seek a competent lawyer.



No attorney-client relationship has been established because of the information provided. Seek local counsel to address your particular facts. MJHJ

Report Abuse
Social Security Disability
If you're suffering from a disability that prevents you from working, you may be entitled to benefits under Social Security disability insurance (SSD or SSDI). Social Security disability attorneys can work with you to file your application for benefits. Because the Social Security Administration routinely denies the majority of initial claims, your SSD lawyers can also prepare for your hearing before an administrative law judge, attend all hearings, advocate on your behalf and file an appeal if your application has been denied. Hire an SSDI law firm as soon as you need to apply for SSDI. The faster your application is approved, the more quickly you will begin to receive benefits.
Have an Social Security Disability Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

330 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

222 Answers, 42 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

179 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

98 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

98 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

85 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Stephen A. Black

Attorney - Florida

65 Answers, 11 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums