> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Social Security Disability > About social security disability have been collecting for 2 years now with what was diagnosed as a Aneurysm but presently had it repaired.

About social security disability have been collecting for 2 years now with what was diagnosed as a Aneurysm but presently had it repaired.

1 Answers. Asked on Oct 22nd, 2012 on Social Security Disability - Michigan
More details to this question:
My question am I supposed to notify social security about my condition now or wait for them to notify me for a review. Next review they say is June of 2017
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Dec 14th, 2012 at 8:26 AM

If you were my client, I would advise you to do so, and to document it.  Best practice would be to put it in writing, keep a copy, and send by certified or priority mail.

According the Social Security website:

"You are responsible for telling us if:
•There is any change in your ability to work;
•You return to work; or
•Your medical condition improves."
Go to the following link and bookmark it on your computer  (What You Need To Know When You Get Social Security Disability Benefits).


PLEASE NOTE the following: 

  • An attorney-client relationship is not being established because of the information provided above;
  • an in person consultation is always best when you have a legal problem;
  • DO NOT RELY on information for a legal remedy without having contacted a lawyer;
  • facts and circumstances of every case have to be applied to the law that is relevant for the state or location in question;
  • NEVER rest on a right or defense you may have - legal rights are not like wine - they don't improve with age or time
  • time limits can completely prohibit recovery;
  • TO SEEK LEGAL ADVICE IMMEDIATELY go to to find someone in your state.

Be sure to visit my website for answers to other Social Security Disability questions.


No attorney-client relationship has been established because of the information provided. Seek local counsel to address your particular facts. MJHJ

Report Abuse
Social Security Disability
If you're suffering from a disability that prevents you from working, you may be entitled to benefits under Social Security disability insurance (SSD or SSDI). Social Security disability attorneys can work with you to file your application for benefits. Because the Social Security Administration routinely denies the majority of initial claims, your SSD lawyers can also prepare for your hearing before an administrative law judge, attend all hearings, advocate on your behalf and file an appeal if your application has been denied. Hire an SSDI law firm as soon as you need to apply for SSDI. The faster your application is approved, the more quickly you will begin to receive benefits.
Have an Social Security Disability Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

330 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

222 Answers, 42 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

180 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Anthony John Van Zwaren, Esq.

Attorney - New Jersey

98 Answers, 18 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

98 Answers, 9 Legal Topics

Mr. Max L. Rosenberg

Attorney - Connecticut

84 Answers, 34 Legal Topics

Stephen A. Black

Attorney - Florida

65 Answers, 11 Legal Topics

Have a legal question?
Get answers from local attorneys.
It's free and easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums