> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Social Security > My mother used my bank card in 2008-09 to pay her bills.

My mother used my bank card in 2008-09 to pay her bills.

1 Answers. Asked on Mar 04th, 2017 on Social Security - Virginia
More details to this question:
I was extremely sick and she used my SSI benefits to pay her bills. I was advised to contact an attorney to see if she was allowed to.
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Mar 08th, 2017 at 2:52 PM

You can report SSI fraud via

This response is meant to be information only and should not be considered to be legal advice or the formation of an attorney client relationship.

Report Abuse
Social Security
Social Security is a federal government program, primarily funded through payroll taxes, that provides an array of benefits to retired workers, the survivors of workers, the disabled and low-income families. Social Security attorneys typically work with one of two groups of clients. Many Social Security lawyers focus their practices on working with those whose applications for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSD or SSDI) have been denied. These attorneys assist clients at eligibility hearings and throughout the appeals process. Other Social Security law firms represent those who have been accused of Social Security fraud and those who are victims of Social Security fraud.
Have an Social Security Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

316 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

236 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

146 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

119 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

100 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

95 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

88 Answers, 31 Legal Topics

Social Security Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Jones Brown, PLLC

Tulsa, OK

| Contact Now

Law Offices of Deirdre Frank

Ventura, CA

| Contact Now

Injured Workers Law Firm

Richmond, VA

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums