> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Social Security > may i try to work on disability without getting taken off of it?

may i try to work on disability without getting taken off of it?

1 Answers. Asked on May 05th, 2013 on Social Security - Pennsylvania
More details to this question:
i feel i may be able to work a day or two a week but if it will interfere with my benefits i would be better off not even trying. i know i cant work full time but maybe part time. i am 62 yrs old
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on May 05th, 2013 at 12:40 PM

What does your doctor say?  Have you discussed this with her/him?  If the answer is yes, make sure the doctor tells you how much "part time work" to try, if any.  If the doctor advises against not working, you have your answer.

Earnings may affect your benefits if you are receiving SSI benefits.  In addition, if the wages for your part time work rise to a certain level, SSA will count the month as a trial work period month.  

You must report any work activity once you begin to your local social securityoffice.  Document your reporting and do it in writing if possible.

No attorney-client relationship has been established because of the information provided. Seek local counsel to address your particular facts. MJHJ

Report Abuse
Social Security
Social Security is a federal government program, primarily funded through payroll taxes, that provides an array of benefits to retired workers, the survivors of workers, the disabled and low-income families. Social Security attorneys typically work with one of two groups of clients. Many Social Security lawyers focus their practices on working with those whose applications for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSD or SSDI) have been denied. These attorneys assist clients at eligibility hearings and throughout the appeals process. Other Social Security law firms represent those who have been accused of Social Security fraud and those who are victims of Social Security fraud.
Have an Social Security Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

316 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

236 Answers, 43 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

146 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

119 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

100 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

95 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

88 Answers, 31 Legal Topics

Social Security Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums