> Discuss Your Legal Issue > Ask a Lawyer > Social Security Disability > I got pregnant and the baby daddy died before he was born,how could I get a DNA test done?Nobody in the family want to help with DNA.My son is 3 and I

I got pregnant and the baby daddy died before he was born,how could I get a DNA test done?Nobody in the family want to help with DNA.My son is 3 and I

1 Answers. Asked on Mar 06th, 2012 on Social Security Disability - Florida
More details to this question:
tried everything.Social Services said that my son should be getting Death benefits.I called SSD,and they said they cant do anything.There is another child that is 6 but he lived with the Daddy of my son.
Tagged as:
Answers Showing 1 out of 1
Answered on Apr 06th, 2012 at 12:36 PM

New and revised info for this answer - There is a case pending right now before the U.S. Supreme Court that may have some bearing on your case.  It is Astrue v. Capato.  The Court heard oral arguments in mid-March ... a decision should be issued by June 2012.

If you go to this link you can locate an experienced professional in your location, or at least in your state.  If this doesn't work, I strongly recommend Legal Aid or the legal clinic of a Law School in your area or State.

Do not give up hope.  There are other methods that can be used.  I once successfully represented a mother of three children and used verified statements from deceased's mother, mother of children, friends, and relatives of the father.  We did not have or use DNA,   It is not the only way.

Keep hope alive!

No attorney-client relationship has been established because of the information provided. Seek local counsel to address your particular facts. MJHJ

Report Abuse
Social Security Disability
If you're suffering from a disability that prevents you from working, you may be entitled to benefits under Social Security disability insurance (SSD or SSDI). Social Security disability attorneys can work with you to file your application for benefits. Because the Social Security Administration routinely denies the majority of initial claims, your SSD lawyers can also prepare for your hearing before an administrative law judge, attend all hearings, advocate on your behalf and file an appeal if your application has been denied. Hire an SSDI law firm as soon as you need to apply for SSDI. The faster your application is approved, the more quickly you will begin to receive benefits.
Have an Social Security Disability Question?
It’s Free & Easy.
Ask a Lawyer
Top Contributing Lawyers
Mark Tischhauser, Esq.

Attorney - Florida

314 Answers, 19 Legal Topics

Patrick Johnson

Attorney - Tennessee

238 Answers, 44 Legal Topics

Michael D. Siegel

Attorney - New York

150 Answers, 26 Legal Topics

Michael E. Fiffik

Attorney - Pennsylvania

126 Answers, 21 Legal Topics

Bruce Robins

Attorney - New York

100 Answers, 8 Legal Topics

Lori Nevias

Attorney - New York

93 Answers, 31 Legal Topics

R. Sam Price

Attorney - California

93 Answers, 13 Legal Topics

Social Security Disability Local Law Firms  
In United States change location
Please select state Update
Marcari, Russotto, Spencer & Balaban, P.C.

Elizabeth City, NC

| Contact Now

Burgess & Christensen

Marietta, GA

| Contact Now

Law Office of Betsy Walits, LLC

Valparaiso, IN

| Contact Now

Do It Yourself Legal Forms

Popular Forums